Welcome to DDS
DDS Engineering (India) Private Limited (DDS) is a growing multi-dimensional technical and detailed-engineering consultancy firm. DDS provides services in the field of PROCESS, PIPING, MECHANICAL, ELECTRICAL & INSTRUMENTATION Engineering.
DDS name has been changed to DDS Engineering (India) Private Limited in June 2021.
DDS constitutes of professionally qualified technical people after serving world-class synthetic polyester filament yarn and polymerization plants for 25 years.
Promoters of DDS: Ravi Sekhar and Neeraj A. Dhavse
DDS is well-recognized for its dedicated services to the Polyester industry (CP, POY/FDY/PSF and DTY and Extruder Spinning)
DDS provides services in the field of PROCESS, PIPING, MECHANICAL and ELECTRICAL & INSTRUMENTATION Engineering. Our team has experience in areas of Engineering, Project management and shop floor.
DDS offers a complete solution as an Engineering Design Contractor, right from product selection, technology selection, plant engineering to execution and start-up, Detail Design and engineering of OSBL. Plant design, optimization, modifications, energy-saving solutions, product improvement and process audits, improvement in operating procedure, utility revamping are our other key deliverables (expertise in DuPont – Chemtex CPs, Zimmer, CTIEI, Huitong, Polytex, Joyou, John Brown).
We are an ISO 9001: 2015 and ISO 14001: 2015 certified company
- Enhanced satisfaction for all the stake holders
- Optimized work
- Continual Improvement and Innovation
- Effective utilization of resources
Ravi Sekhar (Managing Partner):
- Textile Engineer.
- Rich experience of 20+ years in Texturizing and Yarn Industries like Indorama, Alok Industries and Sunflag Thailand.
- Ex-CEO & Head Marketing of a Chemical manufacturing company and Head of Textile Division abroad as well as in India during his earlier tenures.
- Extensive shop floor experience in Texturizing & Yarn Production, Engineering, R&D and management.
- Well-versed with global industry work practices and efficiencies.
- Has worked in Customer Technical Service cell and travelled all across the globe.
- Has advocated many technical innovations resulting into cost-saving and increase in productivity, especially in Yarn production.
- He has done numerous product developments in Yarn, which has won the world.
Jiten Dhobi (Engineering Head):
- Has extensive experience of 9+ years of Shop Floor, Project Management and Administration from Garden Silk Mills, Nakoda Industries and 2 years of consultancy experience at Oerlikon Barmag Engineering [Did erection and commissioning of 600 tpd CP at Dhunseri Petrochem (Haldia, India) and 2 x 600 tpd CP at EIPET (Egypt)].
- Has so far commissioned 13 Continuous Polymerization plants, many debottlenecking schemes and instituted product developments.
- Has experience of Dupont (Chemtex), Zimmer, CTIEI, Huitong, John Brown, Joyou CP Technologies.
Neeraj Dhavse (Managing Partner):
- Chemical Engineer from Laxminarayan Institute of Technology, Nagpur, India.
- Has extensive experience of 20+ years of Shop Floor, Project Management and Administration from Indorama, Garden Silk Mills, Bhilosa Industries and 3 years of consultancy experience in Oerlikon Barmag Engineering.
- Has headed a grass-root CP project of 55 MUS$ from it’s inception to execution, well within the budget and well ahead of the time limit, and later worked in the capacity of Plant-Site Head with warehouse to warehouse responsibility.
- Has so far commissioned 8 Continuous Polymerization plants, introduced many energy saving schemes and promoted many capex modifications, debottlenecking schemes and instituted product developments.
- Has experience of Dupont (Chemtex), Zimmer, CTIEI, Huitong, John Brown, Joyou CP Technologies.
Girma Makonnen (Technical Expert):
- Chemical Engineer from Germany.
- Has vast Engineering and Project Management experience.
- Retired from Oerlikon Barmag as Technical Head for CP and Polymer Melt Transfer Line.
- Handles basic designs and design calculations for Polymer melt transfer line and CP; Operates from Germany.
We are equipped with highly experienced professionals in all dimensions and disciplines and as required we seek support from our associates.
DDS has expertise in Polyester Industry (PES) and provides end-to-end integrated engineering services to various manufacturers and industrial clients globally. Our innovative approach, specialized knowledge on Process engineering, exposure to various industry domains, and use of various engineering tools and techniques helps us to deliver comprehensive solutions for Detail Design and Engineering, procurement and project installations.
OUR DETAIL ENGINEERING SERVICES PORTFOLIO INCLUDES:
- Detail Design
- Process Engineering
- Electrical and Instrumentation (E&I) Engineering
- OSBL- Utilities Design and Engineering
- Equipment Design and Engineering
- Piping Engineering
- Pipe Stress Analysis
- Material Handling
- Reverse Engineering
- As Built Engineering
Project Management and Field Services:
OUR PROJECT MANAGEMENT AND FIELD SERVICES PORTFOLIO INCLUDES:
- Project planning, budgeting, execution, procurement, erection
supervision and Site management
- Plant pre-commissioning and commissioning
- Speedy implementation of projects within set time frame and budget
- Set up CAPEX and effective implementation
- Inspection Services
- Design of Vessels, Filters, Heat Exchangers and Fabrication
We assist in identifying opportunities, risk, compliance and safety requirements for our clients, and work in close alignment with them, thereby tailoring our execution strategies and solutions that suit the exact needs of each project.
OUR INDUSTRIAL SERVICES PORTFOLIO INCLUDES:
- Product Development
- Energy Saving Audits and Solutions
- Safety Audits
- Waste reduction and recycling
- Improve Plant utilisation and Efficiency
- Enhancing product quality and consistency
- Improve stuffing and Effective Warehousing
- Time and Motion study for optimum utilisation of human resources
- Inspection services
- Revserse Engineering
- As-built Engineering
Melt Polymer Transfer Line Design:
Polymer transfer line transports polymer from continuous polymerisation (CP) plant to yarn spinning machines – POY/FDY/PSF.
Temperature of Polymer is more than 280˚C and pressure is more than 150 bar. At such a high temperature and pressure, polymer quality deteriorates until it reaches to the spinning machines.
To have uniform quality of polymer at all spinning positions, accurate design of Polymer melt transfer line is very significant and consequential. A special pressure drop and residence time calculations (PDRTC) are devised to achieve uniform residence time for polymer, reaching to every spinning machine.
In earlier days, CP capacities used to be small, of about maximum 200 TPD and distribution length of melt polymer to spinning machines was short. With increase in CP capacities, for direct melt spinning, number of spinning machines have increased and network of polymer line has become complex and extensive and lengths have become longer. To achieve uniform residence time for such large capacities, DDS has developed unique softwares and techniques. Stress analysis of all Polymer melt lines and heating HTM lines needs to be performed.
Currently DDS is the leading designer for Polymer Melt Transfer Line in India.
Over the last 6 years, we have successfully designed many Polymer Melt Transfer Lines.
Recently, DDS completed detail-engineering of Polymer Transfer Line for Bhilosa Industries, for its CP4/5 Project (1680 tpd- POY/FDY/PSF) and it has been running successfully. We have satisfyingly completed transfer line jobs in WellKnown Polyester, Sanathan Textiles, DNH Spinners, Aditya Birla, Koza Polyester. Addition of Polymer cooler in SASA, redesigning of some of existing transfer lines at Indorama Indonesia.
At present, we are working on detail-design of Polymer Transfer Line for Bhilosa’s CP2/3/6 (1650 TPD POY/FDY), Beekaylong, 300 mt FDY Transfer line work at GSMPL (through Oerlikon).
Continuous Polymerisation (CP) Plant:
Recently, DDS executed CP project of 60 tpd capacity, which is running successfully.
All rectors and equipment are designed by DDS.
Complete detail engineering is done by DDS.
DDS is now equipped with facilities to cater the CP of various capacities up to 400 tpd.
Texturizing Oil plant:
DDS has successfully done basic design and detail engineering of a –tpd Texturizing Oil Plant, which is operating successfully with consistent quality. It had a very optimum pay back.
DDS can cater to Texturizing Oil plant of any capacity.
• We undertake reverse engineering projects for polyester plants.
• We offer Laser scanning.
• We offer CP process audits, parameter optimization, de-bottlenecking.
• Skids, Modules, Static Equipment, Rotating Equipment, Fabrication Drawings, Stress Analysis, As Built Engineering.
We facilitate following:
• Vessel fabrication, heavy equipment erection, other equipment erection.
• We have good network with various fabricators across India which can cater very cost effective equipment and systems.
• Hysis/Pro-II for simulation
• HTRI for Heat Exchangers
• PV Elite for Pressure Vessel design
• Aveva PDMS / AutoCad Plant 3D – Detail Modeling Softwares
• Ceaser II-Stress analysis
• Autodesk AutoCAD / CADMATE – Drafting
• STADD-Pro for structure Design and Analysis
- We have recently completed detail engineering of Polymer Transfer Line for Bhilosa CP4/5 Project (1680 tpd- POY/FDY/PSF).
- Currently doing redesigning of Polymer Melt Line for Bhilosa CP1 plant and CP2/3/6 (1630 tpd-POY/FDY) Polymer Transfer Line.
- We have successfully completed similar jobs in WellKnown Polyester, Sanathan Textiles, DNH Spinners, Koza Polyester, Aditya Birla and Addition of Polymer cooler in SASA.
- We have done residual detail engineering for Wellknown Polyester PSF plant.
- We have done CP detail design project of 50 tpd capacity.
- We are doing OSBL Engineering for Sumilon Industries for their 750 TPD polyester plant from OBHE. This also includes Film line (Dornier) ISBL & OSBL Piping & Electrical engineering work.
- We have supplied technical know-how and detail design for Texturising Oil.
- We are process consultants to Bhilosa and some extruder POY spinners/texturisers in Sri Lanka, did process consultancy for APF Indonesia.